This page is for those who are already volunteers with the Albany Pine Bush Preserve. If you are not a volunteer yet but are interested in becoming one, please email volunteer@AlbanyPineBush.org.
As a volunteer, you . . .
- are entitled to a 10% discount in the Discovery Center gift shop.
- can attend education programs for free.
- are invited to our volunteer recognition events and special opportunities.
Report your hours:
(Note that not all volunteer groups are asked to submit their hours in Volgistics. If you are having difficulty logging in or have questions regarding reporting your hours, please email volunteer@AlbanyPineBush.org.)
Volunteer naturalists may request to borrow snowshoes, hiking poles, or snow cleats from the education program supplies to use inside the preserve. To request equipment, please send an email to Grace Barber and Sara Poggi-Decker using this link: equipment request email. You can also find their emails on the staff page of the website.
- Please make the request at least a day in advance, if possible.
- Be aware that, if we are not in the office, we will not be able to respond to your request or provide the equipment.
- Include your name, what equipment you would like, and when you would like to use it in your email.
- Equipment is only available during business hours when it is not being used for a public program.
- Equipment must be returned to the Discovery Center before the building closes for the day.