Antlions: Ferocious Creatures in the Sand
Sunday, June 5, 2022 | 1:00 pm
1:00 pmMap It | Share it
Suitable for Tweens, Teens and Adults
Discover the amazing world of antlions, a secretive insect in the Pine Bush. We will walk 1.8 miles to explore antlion pits and investigate antlion larvae up close. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore an interesting detail of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve.
This program will meet at the wooden and metal kiosk at Great Dune Trailhead #8.
Public Program Guidelines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #8 Great Dune
Directions from Discovery Center to Great Dune (Trailhead 8). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, continue straight through intersection, on Old State road .7 miles to 3 way stop intersection. At intersection continue straight on Old State Road for 2.2 miles to Siver Road. Take a left onto Siver Road and continue 1.1 miles on Siver road to end where the road �T�s� with Willow Street. Turn left onto Willow Street and proceed .8 miles to end at Great Dune Trailhead.