Great Dune Naturalist Walk
Saturday, February 27, 2021 | 11:00 am
11:00 amMap It | Share it
This program is limited to one individual, household or party. There is one ticket available for the program. Your group is limited to 9 people, regardless of age. Masks are required for everyone over 2 years old.
Join us to explore the trails at the Great Dune trailhead (#8). We will walk approximately two miles pausing to discover Pine Bush natural history and explore seasonal surprises along the way. This program will meet at the wooden and metal kiosk at trailhead #8.
If snowshoes or ice cleats are necessary on the day of your program please bring your own if possible. We will have some pairs available that we disinfect in-between uses. If you are unsure of what the trail conditions will be like on the day of your hike please check in with us during our normal business hours at (518) 456-0655.
Guidelines for Public Naturalist Walks:
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic and current Reopening NY Phase 4 Guidance, our public programs have changed. Naturalist walks will take place entirely outside and are open to only one individual, household or party. As is the nature with public programs, our leaders will sometimes have to adapt the program due to weather, ability of attendees or other unforeseen circumstances. If you have specific questions about public programs or are wondering if a program is right for you please contact us at (518) 456-0655. Please read the information below:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655 or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Mask Required – Masks must be worn by program participants over the age of 2 years old. Program leaders will also wear masks.
- If you don’t feel well stay home – Do not attend a program if you don’t feel well.
- Only one individual, household or party per program – In compliance with Reopening NY Phase 4 Guidance our programs will be limited to one individual, household or party per program.
- Maximum of 9 – Your party is limited to a maximum of 9 people (regardless of age).
- Programs meet outside – Programs will not meet inside the Discovery Center. Read the program description for specific information on where your program will meet.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a suggested donation.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in with the program leader at the trailhead. Notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
Trailhead #8 Great Dune
Directions from Discovery Center to Great Dune (Trailhead 8). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, continue straight through intersection, on Old State road .7 miles to 3 way stop intersection. At intersection continue straight on Old State Road for 2.2 miles to Siver Road. Take a left onto Siver Road and continue 1.1 miles on Siver road to end where the road “T’s” with Willow Street. Turn left onto Willow Street and proceed .8 miles to end at Great Dune Trailhead.