The Discovery Center
Karner Kids Film Festival Submissions
Calling all junior producers and directors!
We’re excited to announce the upcoming Karner Kids Film Festival for all kids ages 10-18. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission is inviting kids to create short films featuring the Albany Pine Bush.
What is your vision?
Films could highlight wildlife, plants, history, personal experiences or other Pine Bush-inspired themes.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
- Filmmakers must be between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Keep it original! You are the creator. Make sure you have permission to use any images or music that are not yours.
- Films may be made by an individual or a team. All members of a team must be between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Adults are permitted to advise and act in your film but the writing, editing and direction should all be youth driven.
- Submission will be judged by a panel of jurors and prizes will be awarded.
- Less is more! The length of your film must be 5 minutes or less.
- Your film needs to feature the Albany Pine Bush.
- Make it appropriate for a family audience.
- Make sure your film is in MP4 format.
- When you submit your film you and a Guardian will be asked to sign a license.
- Submissions must be received by 4pm on October 31, 2021.
Submissions must be received by 4pm on October 31, 2021.
Do you need some photos or video footage? Click here to use some copyright free footage of the preserve.