Family Fun Hike at the Rapp Barrens Trailhead
Friday, August 26, 2022 | 11:00 am
11:00 amMap It | Share it
Suitable for Ages 6-10, Tweens, Teens and Adults
Join us for an end-of-the-summer family hike. We will meet at the Rapp Barrens Trailhead (#2) and hike the 1.7-mile loop stopping frequently to integrate fun outdoor activities into the hike!
This program will meet at the Rapp Barrens Trailhead (#2).
Public Program Guidelines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #2 Rapp Barrens
Directions from Discovery Center to Rapp Road (Trailhead 2). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, turn left onto Route 155. Proceed to next traffic light (approx. ½ mile at intersection of Washington Ave. Ext.). Turn left onto Washington Ave. Proceed on Washington Ave. Extension for 1.2 miles to the intersection with Rapp Road. Turn left onto Rapp Road. Continue on Rapp Road approximately .6 miles to Rapp Barrens Trailhead on left side of the road.