Discover the Pine Bush at Blueberry Hill West
Sunday, August 7, 2022 | 1:00 pm
1:00 pmMap It | Share it
Suitable for all Ages
An extraordinary journey into the Albany Pine Bush – a globally rare, nationally significant, and locally distinct inland pine barrens. Our experts will guide you through this 1.4-mile hike over rolling sand dunes where you will discover Pine Bush natural history and observe seasonal surprises and transformations.
This program will meet at the wooden and metal kiosk at the Blueberry Hill West trailhead #5.
Public Program Guidelines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #5 Blueberry Hill West
Directions from Discovery Center to Blueberry Hill West (Trailhead 5). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, turn left onto Route 155. Proceed .5 miles to next traffic light. Turn left onto Washington Ave. Ext then take your first immediate right onto Frontage Road (not labeled but runs parallel with Washington Ave. Ext.). Proceed to first stop sign (.3 miles) which is Pitch Pine Road. Take a right onto Pitch Pine road. Continue .5 mile to end of Pitch Pine road which ends at Blueberry Hill West Trailhead.