Family Fun Hike
Friday, July 15, 2022 | 11:00 am
11:00 amMap It | Share it
Suitable for Ages 6-10, Tweens, Teens and Adults
Join us for a mid-summer family hike. We will meet at the DiCaprio Park trailhead (#11) and hike approximately one mile into and through the ravine toward the Hunger Kill Barrens. We will make frequent stops to integrate fun outdoor activities into the hike!
This program will meet at DiCaprio Park, Trailhead #11.
Public Program Guidelines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #11 DiCaprio Park
Directions from the Discovery Center to DiCaprio Park Trailhead (#11): Head straight across the intersection at the end of the Discovery Center Driveway (northwest) down Old State Road for 1.5 miles. Turn right onto E. Lydius Street. DiCaprio Park will be on the left. The trailhead is to the back of the middle parking lot.