Celebrating the Earth Afternoon Walk
Friday, April 22, 2022 | 1:00 pm
1:00 pmMap It | Share it
Suitable for Ages 6-10, Tweens, Teens and Adults
Come and celebrate Earth Day at the Albany Pine Bush Preserve. We’ll take our time, stopping to acknowledge and celebrate all the good things we love about our little slice of the world: the sand beneath our feet, the special flora & fauna surrounding us, and whatever weather Earth Day 2022 brings! We plan to walk 1.7 miles.
This program will meet at the wooden and metal kiosk at the Blueberry Hill East Trailhead (#4).
Public Program Guidelines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #4 Blueberry Hill East
Directions from Discovery Center to Blueberry Hill East (Trailhead 4). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, turn left onto Route 155. Proceed for .5 mile to next traffic light. Turn left onto Washington Ave extension. Proceed on Washington Ave. Ext for .7 miles until next traffic light. Turn right onto Columbia Circle Drive. Continue on Columbia Circle Drive for .3 miles to end of road at Blueberry Hill East Trailhead.