Pine Bush Pups Walk: Nuts for Squirrels
Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 10:00 am
10:00 amMap It | Share it
Suitable for ages under 6 with caregivers
Did you know that January 21st is National Squirrel Appreciation Day? Come join us outdoors to learn about the squirrels that live in the Pine Bush. We will go on a short hike in search of squirrels, stopping to read a story and sing a song along the way. We’ll end our program with a squirrel craft to take home!
This program will take place entirely outside. The trail is not suitable for most strollers. Reserve a spot for everyone in your party regardless of age.
This program will meet at the wooden and metal kiosk at trailhead #1 (not inside the Discovery Center).
Masks must be worn by program participants over the age of 2 years old.
Public Program Guidlines:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655, stop in to the Discovery Center or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation.
- Mask required for program participants – Masks must be worn by program participants over the age of 2 years old.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines - Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups - Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
All guests are welcome and encouraged to actively participate in our in-person and virtual programs through interactive questions and conversation. The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission (APBPC) requests that guests respect that such interactions will be respectful and that the content of such interactions will be pertinent to our in-person and virtual programs.
Trailhead #1 Karner Barrens
From NYS I-90: Take I-90 (East or West) to I-87 (Northway) North. From I-87: Take exit 2W (Rt 5 West, Central Ave). Follow Rt 5 for 2 miles then turn left onto Rt 155 (New Karner Rd). Continue on Rt 155 for about 1.2 miles. The Discovery Center is located on the left at 195 New Karner Road. The trailhead is at the rear of the building.