Programs & Events
Most of our public programs include a hike through the preserve and hands-on activities, but we also offer in-door programs in a lecture-style, which may be more suitable for some groups. Among these programs are our monthly Science Lectures. Our expert staff or scientists from other institutions who have expertise in an area related to the Pine Bush lead these programs, which are geared toward adult audiences. Often, we can also offer lecture-style programs to groups upon request.
- Reservations required! Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at 518-456-0655, sign up online or stop in to the Discovery Center to make a reservation.
- No waitlist. In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone. Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets. Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees. Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines. Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly. Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate. If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- No smoking or vaping. Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
To make reservations for one of our scheduled lecture-style programs, visit the Calendar and filter the results by program type - Adult.
These programs occur indoors in a temperature-controlled environment. During the program, most, if not all, participants will be seated. Space is limited, reservations are required.
How much does it cost?
Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.