Programs & Events
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic and current Reopening NY Phase 4 Guidance, our public programs have changed. Naturalist walks will take place entirely outside and are open to only one individual, household or party. As is the nature with public programs, our leaders will sometimes have to adapt the program due to weather, ability of attendees or other unforeseen circumstances. If you have specific questions about public programs or are wondering if a program is right for you please contact us at (518) 456-0655.
Please read the information below.
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655 or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Mask Required – Masks must be worn by program participants over the age of 2 years old. Program leaders will also wear masks.
- If you don’t feel well stay home – Do not attend a program if you don’t feel well.
- Only one individual, household or party per program – In compliance with Reopening NY Phase 4 Guidance our programs will be limited to one individual, household or party per program.
- Maximum of 9 – Your party is limited to a maximum of 9 people (regardless of age).
- Programs meet outside – Programs will not meet inside the Discovery Center. Read the program description for specific information on where your program will meet.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a suggested donation.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in with the program leader at the trailhead. Notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
How much does it cost?
Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
Your support helps us provide extraordinary educational programs, critical protection and vital stewardship of our globally-rare nature preserve. We greatly appreciate any donation you can give. GIVE NOW
Please keep in mind that we have limited our program capacity to protect our guests. Try to limit the number of programs you sign up for so that others can participate as well.