Programs & Events
Public programs are for members of the public designed to inform and engage participants in a safe and fun environment. We offer a variety of different types of programs including lectures, hikes and more. As is the nature with public programs, our leaders will sometimes have to adapt the program due to weather, ability of attendees or other unforseen circumstances. If you have specific questions about public programs or are wondering if a program is right for you please contact us at (518) 456-0655. Look through our calendar of programs to find one or many that will be of interest to you.
- Reservations required! Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at 518-456-0655, sign up online or stop in to the Discovery Center to make a reservation.
- No waitlist. In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone. Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets. Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees. Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
- Age guidelines. Age guidelines are listed for each public program. We encourage you to pick programs appropriate for the ages of the members of your group.
- Programs begin promptly. Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check in. If you are late you may not be able to join the program. Please notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate. If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- Not suitable for groups. Public programs are not intended for groups of 8 or more. Groups with 8 or more people, please call us for special accommodations. More info
- No smoking or vaping. Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
Visit our Calendar to explore and make reservations for our current public programs and special events.
How much does it cost?
Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a materials or special program fee.
Your support helps us provide extraordinary educational programs, critical protection and vital stewardship of our globally-rare nature preserve. We greatly appreciate any donation you can give. GIVE NOW