The goal of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve Volunteer Educator Program is to establish support for consistent and quality educational programs for all ages. The primary responsibility of the Volunteer Educator is to lead Pine Bush-centered education programs for a diversity of audiences including school, public and special interest groups ages pre-k through adult. Education programs will be based at the Discovery Center and may take place in the classrooms and exhibit space, as well as on the trails of the Pine Bush Preserve, or at local venues throughout the region including local schools. Interpretation of Discovery Center exhibits to the visiting public is also a responsibility of the Volunteer Educator.
The Volunteer Educator is a representative of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission. This position requires interaction with all ages and possible exposure to variable weather conditions. The Lead Educator supervises the Volunteer Educator.
- Successfully complete volunteer training and educator training.
- Lead Pine Bush-centered, education programs for a diversity of school, public and special interest groups (pre-k-adult).
- Interpret Discovery Center exhibit area to all ages.
- Share responsibility for the set-up and clean-up of Discovery Center classrooms and educator resource room.
- Assist Pine Bush staff as needed for educational programs.
- Option to conduct live animal presentations.
- Become familiar with APBPC preserve and trail system.
- Continually enhance your knowledge of the Pine Bush through the use of field guides, internet resources and other Pine Bush reference materials.
- Desire to educate individuals of all ages about the Albany Pine Bush Preserve.
- Current certification in basic first aid and CPR preferred or willingness to become certified.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion and frequent exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
- Complete tasks independently.
Date Posted: 10-14-2022
Expire Date: Open until filled
Contact Name: Beth MacCallum, Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Beth for more information or an interview. 518-456-0655 email@example.com