Madison Avenue Pinelands Naturalist Walk
Sunday, January 24, 2021 | 1:00 pm
1:00 pm - 03:00 PMMap It | Share it
This program is limited to one individual, household or party. There is one ticket available for the program. Your group is limited to 9 people, regardless of age. Masks are required for everyone over 2 years old.
Join us as we explore the Madison Avenue Pinelands trailhead (#7). We will walk approximately one and one-half miles stopping to see what we can discover along the trail. This program will meet at the Madison Avenue Pinelands trailhead (#7).
If snowshoes or ice cleats are necessary on the day of your program please bring your own if possible. We will have some pairs available that we disinfect in-between uses. If you are unsure of what the trail conditions will be like on the day of your hike please check in with us during our normal business hours at (518) 456-0655.
Guidelines for Public Naturalist Walks:
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic and current NYS phase 4 reopening guidelines, our public programs have changed. Naturalist walks will take place entirely outside and are open to only one individual, household or party. As is the nature with public programs, our leaders will sometimes have to adapt the program due to weather, ability of attendees or other unforeseen circumstances. If you have specific questions about public programs or are wondering if a program is right for you please contact us at (518) 456-0655. Please read the information below:
- Reservations required – Reservations are required for all public programs. Please call us at (518) 456-0655 or visit www.AlbanyPineBush.org/events to make a reservation. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Mask Required – Masks must be worn by program participants over the age of 2 years old. Program leaders will also wear masks.
- If you don’t feel well stay home – Do not attend a program if you don’t feel well.
- Only one individual, household or party per program – In compliance with NYS phase 4 reopening guidelines our programs will be limited to one individual, household or party per program.
- Maximum of 9 – Your party is limited to a maximum of 9 people (regardless of age)
- Programs meet outside – Programs will not meet inside the Discover Center. Read the program description for specific information on where your program will meet.
- No waitlist - In the event that a program is full, spaces will not open up unless someone cancels their reservation.
- Reserve a spot for everyone – Reservations are required for all attendees (regardless of age).
- Accompany minors - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets - Pets are not permitted in programs.
- Fees - Public programs are free unless otherwise stated. Some programs may have a suggested donation.
- Programs begin promptly - Please plan to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before the start of the program to check In. Notify us if you need to cancel your reservation.
- Give others the chance to participate - If you make a reservation for a program and then decide you will not be able to attend please call us or cancel your reservation online to open up those spaces to others.
- No smoking or vaping – Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products are not permitted in programs.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear required – Program participants must wear clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather and the program they are attending. If you have questions about how to be prepared or what the trail conditions are please contact us.
Trailhead #7 Madison Avenue Pinelands
Directions from Discovery Center to Madison Ave. Ext. (Trailhead 7). At traffic light in front of Discovery Center building, turn left onto Route 155. Proceed to .5 miles to next traffic light. Turn right at traffic light onto Madison Ave. Ext. Proceed .2 miles to stop sign. Proceed straight for another .25 miles until the road dead ends at trailhead.